Day 2


July 8th Sunday

This morning the group went on a hike up Potato Hill. I was so tired I couldn’t wake up at 6:30 a.m. to hike. I woke up around 7:30 a.m. and the mosquitoes were up and ready to consume every drop of blood. I sat in a lawn chair watching everyone go up Potato Hill, it was funny.

After everyone came back we had breakfast and packed up to come to Camp Chaparral to spend the day. On the way over we saw a cub walk across the road. I’m excited to shower J

After the well-needed showers, our friend Doug Olney the resource manager at Yakama Forest Products took us on a walk. He showed us how to identify different trees, dwarf mistletoe, and gave use forestry terminology.  Doug is extremely knowledgeable in the field. He shared that he has been in forestry for forty years. That blew my mind, I have never thought about forestry as a long life career.

Then, the whole camp was extremely happy to get news that we were moving camps. Potato Hill was beautiful but the mosquitoes were hungry and everyone was on the menu.

Came to another camp site and set up tents and just had a mellow night. Today was a good day to just relax and wind down to reboot our batteries for this next week.

We'll see what tomorrow brings.

- Destiny 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 11

Day 7