Day 6


July 12th – Thursday



Service project day!! I loved today. Our big group split up into two service projects; trail brushing and vegetation surveying. I picked trail brushing because that seemed to be the best and I could see the progress as we go.

We drove about 3 miles up the road to lava lake trail. Our guide was Jesse, she was amazing and super smart about her field. She is a trail technician. She guided us to the tools wed be using. There were: loppers, Mc Cloud, hand saws, and a chain saw. I utilized the loppers and it was a great choice on my part. There was a bit of a rule; put your arms out and if you can touch anything, cut it out. I could prune, cut out whole trees and pick up debris with my loppers. We cleaned our trail and had lunch at Lava Lake overlooking the water.

After we got to shower. Thank goodness because this was day three and we were smelling pretty bad. We came back to camp and chilled. It was a good bonding day we sat in the river and chilled out in there for a bit literally.

A lot didn’t happen today but it was a great hands on day. The views were beautiful and ass walkers and hikers passed they continuously said thank you. Very good day.

We’ll see about tomorrow.

-       Destiny

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2

Day 11

Day 10