Day 9


July 15th – Sunday

We had an awesome breakfast; pancakes, bacon, hash browns, and eggs. We woke up around 8 a.m. because our tents were already hot. Ate breakfast around 10 a.m. It was a lazy morning.

At about noon Spokane tribal elders came by to drum with us. Francis, Warren, Jim and ** opened us the drumming circle and made sure everyone got to try it. The experience was amazing. Being able to be a part of the drum circle, sing, and listen to the songs was incredible. People travel far and wide to see and hear things like that. I felt very special and honored to be a part of that.

After around 3 p.m. Warren took us up to their fire lookout. It was on top of this huge hill and the lookout tower itself had 4 flights of metal stairs. It was on top of this huge hill and the lookout tower itself had 4 flights of metal stairs. I didn’t know I was afraid of heights until today. Once I reached the top my hands were shaking and I felt like I needed to vomit. It was very beautiful and worth the trauma. Coming down was much worse than going up. Point being is I got to overcome a fear and that’s great.

Warren is amazing and took us to a swimming hole. We stayed there for about and hour. The group bonded, we were very happy we finally got to swim.

We came back to camp and made dinner. My group cooked and let me tell you were did amazing. Our menu consisted of sloppy joes but they were super good!

At around 9 p.m. Warren showed us a video about the Spokane tribe. The video was sent to congress to receive compensation for the Dam.

-       Destiny

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2

Day 11

Day 10